So sorry it's been forever since my last post, but as you can imagine since school has started my life has been kinda busy....
SCHOOL....tomorrow will be the start of my third week back to school, and the work load hasn't been too bad yet but it's about to start rolling in! I'm observing at Roehm Middle School once a week...I met with Mrs. Sandoff the teacher I will be working with. She wants me to teach table tennis, badminton, and weight training :-/ of course those were the activity classes I chose not to take so am not too confident in any of those areas! My motor development class is going to be tough....it's a writing across the curriculum class so we have to write a 30 page paper-I'm doing mine on practice! My teacher has extremely high expectations and gets a kick off of intimidating his students....6 kids dropped that class after the first day-only 11 remain!!!! I'm writing a middle school and high school unit plan on pool games and activities, which I'm super excited about because then we get to teach one of our best lessons to our peers! My dance class is excellent!!! My teacher has soo much energy and makes us feel really comfortable. We've learned simple steps like the grapevine, and walking on the beat...no worries I'm a pro at it all (or at least I like to think so) So overall school is going good, besides from the fact that one of my dearest friends Heather (shes 32, married w/ 2 kids....and cracks my shit up!) decided to change her major from P.E to Early childhood.....but our schedules work out so we can still meet for lunch on Tuesdays and Thrusdays!!!!
WORK....still at the rec center but I only go in once a week just to upload the weekly basketball scores onto the website. I've mainly been working at the childrens home....which I love it there! My position title is called a Treatment Specialist, I pretty much just take care of the kids who live there....feed them, play with them, make sure they don't get into any trouble (which is definitely a lot harder than one may think). I really do enjoy it and working there really does make me appreciate what I have. Just on Friday as I was driving to school past the juvenile court there was a ton of media outside, I thought to myself "hmm I wonder what's going on in there" later that day I came to learn what all the commotion was about....One of my kids who I directly worked with at B.C.H is accused of killing a gas clerk! I did not know the child very well because I had only worked with him a couple of times before he ran away from our facilities....It's just very shocking, we see these types of things on the news all the time, but when it is someone I knew and have had conversations with it just hits you a lot harder. Currently, they are deciding wether to try him as an adult....the maximum sentence he could get is life in prison, if he is tried as a juvenile he could be released in 6 years.
BASKETBALL.....we played Avon Lake Saturday afternoon, it was a close and intense game the entire time but we came out with a "W"! The teams record is now 6-10 (or something like that) which may not sound too great but is a vast improvement from last year! We only have 3 more regular season games, then playoffs where we play Magnificat....wish us luck!!!!!
FAMILY....everyone is doing great! Mom is finally completely over her pnemonia, but is still seeing doctors quite often for her anemia....which is stilla mystery as to why it is soo bad. Jen is still searching for a wedding dress, I don't think she realizes how quickly March 14th will be here. But there's no doubt in my mind no matter what she wears she will look absolutely stunning! Todd is good too...no really good storys about him...sorry! Finally, Ella....she is honestly the one person who truly makes laugh so hard I cry! Last night mom and I watched her while J & T went to some hockey game....and of course I did what all great Aunties do, I taught her how to booty bounce (video coming soon)!!!! So, lately Ella has been mocking everything I do, so I knew it was a perfect opportunity to teach her this dance move that all of us cousins over 18 have perfected (even though Gooz tells me that the booty bounce is soo not a hip dance anymore.....omg that makes me feel old) Anyways, I got on all fours with my butt stick straight up in the air, and El does the same, then I begin to bend my knees and straighten them so my butt starts to bounce, El does the same, then I begin to sing "big butt....big butt...big butt" which El loves and starts to do it faster...and wahlah she is a pro at the booty bounce. Tam- I trust that if Li and Mai don't already know it, that they will too have it perfected by the wedding!
LOVE LIFE....unfortunately this section will be short and sweet, seeing as there is not much love going on in my life. There is a guy from school who I met last semester. We started to talk and hang out a lot but recently during break things have gone kinda sour between us...and I'm not even too sure why. I still see him and talk to him quite a bit because I have classes with him on M.W.F but I guess we are just friends....I've been trying to play the uninterested, hard to get type, but when ya like someone that much it's just kinda hard. So I'm looking for someone to take to Matt and Kami's wedding....any suggestions?????
Well, that is currently my life in a nutshell. Hopefully it wont be another 2 weeks before I get another post up....
Sunday, January 27, 2008
UPDATES!
Posted by Michelle at 5:37 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment